Have you ever felt so cold when you heard your own voice?
Is calledvoice confrontation, and many of us struggle with that.
Fortunately, you no longer have to record yourself (or anyone else) speaking. AI speech generators allow you to generate speech from text and the text-to-speech scene is thriving.
Read if you like:
☑️ Create AI voices from speech in multiple languages
☑️ Learn to use different text to speech tools
☑️ Find the AI speech generator that best suits your needs
We tested many AI speech synthesizers and here is a selection of the top five. For each of them, we'll look at their synthetic languages and voices, see how they work, list their pros and cons, and examine their pricing plans.
Playing with these AI speech synthesizers, our main questions were:
- Do they produce natural sounding speech?
- Do you support different speaking styles?
- Do they offer multiple voices and languages?
- Do you offer voice cloning technology?
You are still with us light up!
#1 Best AI Speech Generator - Synthesia
synthesisIt is an AI video generator with an integrated text-to-speech feature in its editor. With Synthesia, you can generate natural sounding speech to annotate your video.
🌏 Synthesia offers 400 different male and female voices in over 120 languages.
He canlisten here, and the accent library is constantly growing. You can also wrap your AI-generated speech with Speech Synthesis Markup Language (SSML) tags for even more natural sounding AI voices.
Synthesia allows you to create a voice clone based on your recording. To get started, simply read a provided script and record your reading. In a few days you will be able to generate speech from text using your own voice.
How does this work?text to speech converterto work?
After signing up, write your script and choose an avatar for your video. The avatar acts as a moderator and speaks your words. The toolIt automatically detects the language of your script and you can choose from the different voices available for that specific language.
When finished, you can listen to it before creating your video and make adjustments if necessary.
Here is a small demo of the product:
- You can choose from a huge library of languages, accents and AI voices
- With an AI moderator, you can convert your text not only to audio but also to video
- You can hear the AI voice narrating your text before generating the audio/video
👍 "Over the past few months, I've been creating online videos for my school using Synthesia. It's amazing how easy it is to create videos of up to 3 minutes with realistic avatars and a variety of available voices." pure marceloG2
- It takes a while to match your selected avatar with a suitable AI voice
- Cannot pronounce certain words and may need to use phonetic spelling
- It doesn't offer enough plans for home users or small businesses.
👎 "The only problem with this AI voice synthesizer is that sometimes it's difficult to get an avatar to pronounce foreign words correctly. For example 'AI': you need to spell it phonetically in your script so that the avatar can pronounce it correctly.” emma inG2
- Free demo video - available on their website
- Personal plan: $30/month for 10 minutes of audio+video
- Enterprise plan: individual pricing for different users
#2 Best AI Speech Generator: Murf.ai
Murf.aiis an AI speech generator best suited for developers. You can use it in 2 different ways:
- First, you can generate speech from text.
- Second, you can upload your voice recording and change the voice
🌏 You can convert text to speech in 20 languages, some of which support multiple accents.
How does this AI speech generator software work?
As mentioned above, you can generate AI speech in two ways. When your audio is ready, you can further adjust your pitch, pitch, and speed for a more natural sounding voice.
- AI speech generator is very easy to use
- The tool lets you change the pitch and speed of AI-generated speech
- AI voices don't sound robotic.
👍 "This product offers a wide variety of voices with the ability to change pitch and speed. There are a wide variety of AI voices from around the world. The system is easy to use and helps make narration quite easy. I appreciate it the new design options and file downloads." Maria S. inG2
- Some UI elements are not responding
- The best quality voices only support English.
- Full access to the platform is a bit pricey.
👎 "The platform could benefit from additional editing capabilities, especially to manage longer natural pauses in certain voices. This would make it easier to combine different languages from the language bank.” Anunay R.G2
- Free plan: 10 minutes of AI speech generation time
- Basic plan: $19/month for 24 hours of AI language generation per year (10 languages)
- Pro Plan: $26/month for 48 hours of AI language generation per year (20 languages)
- Enterprise Plan: $59/month for unlimited AI language generation (20 languages)
#3 Best AI Speech Generator: Listing No.
list of numbersis another good option in the line of AI speech synthesizers that lets you generate speech from text. It allows you to easily convert your text to speech for various use cases like videos, e-learning, audio articles, podcasts and voice assistants.
🌏 Listnr offers 900 voices in 140+ languages. can you hear themHERE.
It's very intuitive to use. Just paste text into AI Speech Generator and it will convert it to audio. For example, instead of text, you can include a link to a blog post, which will automatically recognize the text and generate the voiceover.
Want to edit pitch, add pauses, change pronunciation or add inflection points? It's easy with Listnr.
When finished, you can export your audio files in WAV or MP3 format.
- You can choose from a large collection of voices and languages.
- You can choose from several pricing plans.
- Soon you will be able to clone your own voice within the tool (feature coming soon)
👍 "It's easy to try, and there are tons of languages and accents to choose from, and they recently added a reading style that makes the video even easier to understand and believe." oh h.G2
- The editor looks a little clunky.
- The tool lacks some real user stories and social proof.
- Some voices and accents sound robotic
👎 "Sometimes a little slow, with a little delay, but it's getting better too, so I hope that as technology advances, technology will also change." type rG2
- Free: 1000 words
- Individual plan: $19/month for 20,000 words/month
- Solo plan: $39/month for 50,000 words/month
- Starter plan: $59/month for 200,000 words/month
- Agency plan: $199/month for 500,000 words/month
#4 Best AI Speech Generator: Speechelo
If you need an AI speech generator for sales videos, training videos or instructional videos,it saysmay be a good option for you.
🌏 Speechelo offers 30 male and female voices and supports 24 languages. can you hear themHERE.
With Speechelo you can add breath sounds and longer pauses to your speech or let the AI decide when to add them.
Plus, it's incredibly easy to use. Just add your text, choose a language and voice, and in less than 10 seconds you'll have your AI-generated voiceover.
- You can choose between 3 tones: normal, happy and serious
- You can customize AI voices by adjusting speed, pitch and adding pauses
- You can get your money back within 60 days of purchase if you are not satisfied with the product.
👍 "By using punctuation you can change the overall tone of speech and it sounds very natural. The AI engine also provides 3 different tones i.e. Normal, Friendly and Serious." Jawahar K.G2
- There is no free demo to try the tool before you buy it
- Only 24 languages are supported
- The site looks a little too commercial, which may put off some users.
👎 "After paying for the software, the number of voices (speakers) available is limited. This makes it difficult to have a conversation as intended without paying for additional voices." Dwayne D.inG2
There are no monthly fees for Speechelo and you can buy it$47 (one-time purchase).
#5 Best AI Speech Generator: Describe Overdub
Another AI Speech Generator worth checking out isdescribe dubbing.
This tool lets you create a text-to-speech template of your voice or choose one from its library of ultra-realistic default voices.
🌏 Descript Overdub provides 12+ male and female voices and supports English only. You can also use this tool to clone your own voice.
It is part of the complete Descript package that offers comprehensive video editing solutions. So if you want to easily create videos with AI generated voiceovers, Descript might be the software you are looking for.
- You can clone your own voice within the tool
- He canTry AI Speech Generator on your website.
- You can also use the tool to create videos with AI-generated voices.
👍 "I find it super easy to use, it helps a lot as a complement to an audio rig if you have one, and it's super easy for those who don't. Plus, it can be used as a one-stop shop for your post-production." Daniela PG2
- It only supports one language: English, which is smaller than the other AI speech generators mentioned in this article.
- There are only video and audio generation pricing plans.
- Tool is hard to navigate once you start using it
👎 "The UI is so difficult that it crashed and I lost my three hours of work after reloading it." winnie meG2
- Free plan: 1 hour of speech generation
- Creator Plan: $12/month for 10 hours of voice generation
- Pro Plan: $24/month for 30 hours of speech generation
- Business plan: custom pricing
Bonus: Text-to-speech feature on TikTok
The best AI speech synthesizers can be used for commercial purposes or just for fun.
Did you know that TikTok is the only social media platform that offers a built-in text-to-speech feature?
not only doesmore inclusive contentbut it also helps creators reach larger audiences and create unique videos. The incorporation of synthetic voices even led to anew form of entertainment contenton the platform: If you are a user, you probably know what we are talking about. 🤭
After testing these AI speech generators, here is our conclusion
If you think we're going to tell you which AI speech synthesizer to choose, think again.
But we can offer you some suggestions to help you decide:
➡️ If you are looking for an AI speech synthesizer that supportsmultiple languages, Synthesia, and Listnr are all great options to consider.
➡️ When creatingvideosbased on your script or audio is a priority, so Synthesia is definitely worth a look.
➡️ For those interestedraise your voiceand make changes, Murf.ai is a good option.
➡️ On the other hand, if youNot interested in adding another signatureAt your expense, Speechelo might be the way to go.
➡️ Finally, if you are curiousclone your voiceand using it for text-to-speech, Descript's speech generator is worth exploring.
Now that you know the best AI speech generators, here's one more idea for you: how about turning your text into a video? 👀
See how it works HEREor read the following article: